Friday, August 19, 2005

Well here goes nothing, my feeble attempt at blogging. My reasons for blogging are murky at best, mostly just an attempt to let friends back home know about life in the military and pass on bits of wisdom(doubtful) to anyone out there interested in joining the military medical corps.

I was born and raised in Texas, went to Texas Tech for a year, then left and drifted for a few months before enlisting in the Army. When I walked into the recruiter I did not need a bonus or any type of school to convince me, I was the easiest recruit the Army has ever had. In a decision that seems silly, I asked to be a Medic only because my grandfather had been a medic in WWII. I had studied political science in college, so this was kind of a 180 for me. It was, and still is, the best decision of my life. In my short time in the military since that day, I have been promoted 3 times and have attended airborne school. If you haven't jumped out of an airplane, do so as soon as possible, it's the biggest rush you will ever experience. I am currently serving with an Engineer company in Georgia and will deploy at the end of this year.

I go on leave tommorow for 2 weeks, but I'll attempt to post random thoughts while I'm away (not that it matters now, I'm the only one who knows about this site.) I hope if you stumble upon this site you'll stop by again, someone needs to read my rambling thoughts.

-Doc Tex

5 Comments:

Blogger Papa Ray said...

Hey,

Rambling thoughts can get you in trouble.

Remember..The six P's
at all times.

Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Preformance.

Here is what our "Doc" told me back in 68 or 69 (don't remember exactly, cause my brain cells are dying and at my age, I don't have that much sense anymore, anyway).

Anyway, he said that his day always centered around his worries that he wouldn't have everything he would need, he wouldn't remember something that he would need and that he would let someone die or kill someone because of a mistake on his part.

Or something like that (remember the braincell thing).

I replied to him, " Don't worry about it, just remember the "6 P's).

He just mumbled something and walked off..

Ungrateful son of a gun, wouldn't you say?

Papa Ray
West Texas
USA

12:27 AM  
Blogger Karens Korner said...

I too was born and raised In Texas .
I of course was born and raised before you were even thought of. Today I an featuring you bog on my blog. God bless you and God bless the usa!

11:42 AM  
Blogger Call Me Grandma said...

Welcome to the blogosphere and thank you for serving our country. May God Bless.

7:39 PM  
Blogger Desiree said...

I'll be reading! ;)

12:22 AM  
Blogger goodvibguy said...

"Drive On Soldier!"

I was in Ft. Benning, GA Army Engineers 85-87, (43rd Eng Bn) and in Korea 88-89, and i remember what is was like to cherish a worthless piece of junk mail because it came from USA!

Don't worry if you don't SEE a piece of mail, or SEE a new blog very often, because you KNOW there are millions of people that are respecting what you are doing for our country.

I feel so strongly that we are doing the right thing that in fact I'm trying to get "back in" to do another 10 yrs to finish my time.

Soldier, Stand Strong! and Stand Proud! YOU are doing an awesome job, and I thank YOU.

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home